Tile Importer Pty Ltd sells a wide array of solid timber flooring for your remodelling or new build project. This durable and low-maintenance material gives your home an elegant and rustic look. Our founder, Perry, has an extensive network of timber experts that can source the finest wood for your floor in various widths and thicknesses.
A Solid Upgrade
Solid timber flooring has been a top choice for homes and businesses for decades. Here’s why it’s such an attractive option.
- Easy to Maintain – Solid timber, especially when it’s sealed, can easily withstand decades of heavy foot traffic. It’s also easy to clean, as it doesn’t absorb spills. It can’t be damaged by sweeping, vacuuming, or steam-cleaning, either.
- Timeless Aesthetics – Whether you’re building a rustic or contemporary-style home, you can’t go wrong with solid timber. It has a clean and elegant look makes any house look more inviting.
- Cost-Effective – Because this material is low-maintenance, you don’t have to spend big money regularly on professional cleaning and repairs.
Get Top-Quality Solid Timber Flooring
The benefits of solid timber flooring are just too good to pass up. Get high-quality wood for your home through the following methods:
- Drop by Our Showroom – Our showroom in Melbourne has a vast array of solid timber, from softwood like Baltic Pine to hardwood like Tasmanian Oak. After selecting the material and finish you like, we’ll give you a quote within two hours.
- Buy Timber Online – You may buy our solid flooring products online. We update our eBay store with the latest prices and stocks. Just select and pay for the material you want, and we’ll get it ready for you to pick up from our physical location.
Tile Importer Pty Ltd has everything you need for constructions, renovations, and repairs. Give us a call today for updated information about our timber stocks and prices.
Download our Excel Spreadsheet, “Square Meter to Lineal Meter Calculator” below or from our download page to work out how much flooring you need or follow the below instructions.
Tip. To calculate how many lineal meters of flooring or decking you need first you must work out the total square meterage required. If you have a simple square space multiply length by width and this gets you the square meters. If it’s a more complex space break it down in to rectangular sections and multiply length and width and then add the total. Once you have this follow the below simple equation.
1000 x (Width of flooring board or decking board allowing your preferred gap between boards in millimeters) = How many lineal meters per square meter. Now multiply this by the square meterage you require and you have your total. For example. Your room is 2 meters wide and 4 meters long and you want to put down 108 mm Tasmanian Oak flooring.
2 x 4 = 8 Square meters
1000 divided by 108 = 9.259 lineal meters per square meters
8 x 9.259 = 74 lineal meters
Note; Allow up to 10% extra for wastage.
Janka Hardness Rating
The Janka hardness test measures the hardness of wood. It involves measuring the force required to embed an 11.28mm (0.444in) steel ball into wood to half its diameter.
This method was chosen so that the result would leave an indention 100mm² (0.16sqin) in size.
It is one of the best measures of the ability of a wood species to withstand denting and wear.
The higher the Janka Rating, the harder the timber is.